“One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain” – Bob Marley
That quote really resonates with me. I fall asleep to music, I wake up to music and whenever I feel myself getting worked up I play my ‘calm down’ playlist. I once read somewhere that if you listen to 20 songs when you wake up you naturally feel better. I try to do this everyday and I would recommend it to anyone – listening to music helps!
So my favourite songs to listen to when I’m really struggling and need to distract myself are:
- The Night We Met – Lord Huron (l fell in love with this song after watching 13 reasons why. It helps me sleep if I listen to it before falling asleep)
- Smoke and Mirrors – Imagine Dragons (I adore imagine dragons)
- Gypsy – Fleetwood Mac (Charlie got me into Fleetwood Mac. I love this song because its such a gentle yet upbeat rhythm to loose yourself in)
- Georgia – Vance Joy (This song has such a soft feel, its really good for breathing along to)
- Eyes Closed (stripped) – Halsey (I love both versions of this song but the stripped version is very soothing to listen to)
- Homesick – Dua Lipa (I listen to this song which my eyes closed and headphones in, very relaxing)
- You & I (Nobody in the world) – John Legend (Whenever I’m struggling with who I am, I listen to this song and focus on believing every word)
- Not Today – Imagine Dragons (I love this song, the start of the chorus reminds me that things will get better. Kind of contradicts itself really but I find the background music calming)
- Move Your Body – Sia (This song is the only completely upbeat song on this list but I always listen to it last so I have it stuck in my head all day to liven me up)
Maybe these songs can help you, who knows? Please comment below any songs that you find helpful!